Saturday, March 13, 2010





FoxTrot has always been my favorite comic strip, mainly because I could identify with none other than Paige Fox.

She always wore her hair in a ponytail. I wore my hair in a ponytail. She loved to shop. I loved to shop (and still do). Paige hated gym so much that she hair-sprayed her ponytail so that it stuck out horizontally, making it look like she was running really fast. When my high school gym teacher wanted us to run laps, I jogged around the track, and...I am really ashamed to say this...but I told my teacher I had asthma. That's bad, I know. I just really hated gym.

FoxTrot was published daily in The Montana Standard, but eventually it only appeared in Sunday's funnies. When I moved to Bozeman and subscribed to The Bozeman Chronicle, FoxTrot was nowhere to be found in the black and white pages. How was I to get my weekly dose of Fox family humor?

As luck would have it, much of Bill Amend's brilliant strip is available online. You can browse through classic strips, read about the primary characters, and learn about the creator of the Fox family. And if tweeting is your thing, you can follow Bill Amend on Twitter!

Without further ado, I leave you with Fox Trot that was published on November 29, 2009. Isn't Paige clever?

This is why Tony and I have four computers. Have a beautiful Saturday, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment