Friday, March 5, 2010





As I was browsing Target.com this morning, I stopped clicking for a moment as something funky, hip, and downright cool caught my eye. Take a look at these:

At first glance, I thought they were just ice cube trays, but.......they're not! These are silicon bakeware and ice cube trays rolled into one! They are made by Sillycone, and they can be used in many creative ways.

Like this...




Or this...



Or this...


And if you thought Sillycone made only letters, you were mistaken (you probably weren't mistaken because you noticed the '10' on the birthday cake, unlike me). They also have trays with symbols, numbers, and even Greek letters. Don't these trays seem like a fun addition to your kitchen arsenal? And they are only $14.98 at Target.com for a set of letters.

Besides ice, jello, and butter, Sillycone claims that these trays can be be used to make chocolate, sidewalk chalk, crayons, rice krispy treats, and soap. I am not sure I would use them to make soap and then ice, but I could see sticking solely to food and ice. I can even see them looking fabulous while floating in a punch bowl.
So, what do you think? Have any of you tried these or seen someone use them? What was your take? I'd love to know!




All images used in this post were taken from www.sillycone.us/


No comments:

Post a Comment