Sunday, February 21, 2010





Have you ever had an idea for a project, but were challenged by where to begin? And, once you have started, have you ever found yourself overwhelmed with an endless number of options, each bringing you to a different finished product? If so, you’re like me…. today! The project: This new blog!

Over the past couple of years, I have immersed myself into reading blogs related to crafts, recipes, and home décor. Young House Love and All Bower Power take the cake as my favorite blogs. A loyal reader of decorating blogs, books, and magazines, I became addicted to anything and everything domestic.

Thus, I have been inspired. Inspired by people I have never met. I have been inspired to venture out into the blogging world. All I would have to do is set up a blogger account, pick a background and header, and begin writing. Easy peasy, right?

Wrong. As I searched for a blog background, I was amazed and shocked by the number of free backgrounds, headers, and buttons that are available at the click of a button. With thousands, maybe even millions of backgrounds from which to choose, how is someone to decide on just one?

After spending and enjoying countless hours of template-searching, I made my decision. My next task was to think of a cute, creative, and original blog title that encompassed my theme of embracing the domestic, crafty lifestyle. I began by making a list of words that relate to the home or words that I simply love. I then put the words together to make an interesting title. My first thought was that since my blog will include crafts, maybe I should include “crafty” in the title. I came up with One Crafty Nest, but after doing a Google search with this name, a fabulous blog named Crafty Nest was already established. Crafty Nest is loaded with budget-friendly craft ideas and provides tutorials for nearly every craft.

Isn’t her background and layout simply chic?



Besides thinking of One Crafty Nest, I thought of The Domestic Diva and Home on Cloud Nine, but The Domestic Diva was already taken, and Home on Cloud Nine was too similar to Cloud Nine Home.

It was back to the drawing board for me. I walked around our home looking at all the things I treasure, and then it hit me. I love pictures! I love home! I welcome you to Just a Picture of Home.






No comments:

Post a Comment